Genesis, St Luke’s Holmes Chapel
January 2024 update
Thank you for all your support and encouragement with the Christmas services which were so well received by the congregation and wider community of Holmes Chapel. Our Genesis nativity with all 22 children participating was a joy and Genesis contributions to the Christingle and crib services on Christmas Eve were invaluable.
Genesis meets on Sundays normally starting at 10am in the Church Hall and continuing until 10.45am. Genesis will then join mid-way through the church service in time to share our learning with the congregation, for prayers, a short sermon and for singing. The church service will finish by 11.15am so we may all leave together and enjoy fellowship over a drink and biscuit back in the recently decorated Church Hall. Holy Communion continues to be offered at the 4th Sunday in the month but is also available at the 9am Sunday services. Family services held at 10.30am in church usually coincide with special festivals.
The Genesis programme for the Spring term up to and including Easter is below:
- Jan 21st – 10am Genesis: Esther helps
- Jan 28th – 10am Genesis: Esther- how do we serve? Plus, Holy Communion in Church.
- Feb 4th – No Genesis and pulpit swap at 10.30am service
- Feb 11th – 10am Genesis: Lent preparations, ‘Watch and pray’ focus and pancakes.
- Feb 18th – No Genesis for beginning of half term holiday.
- Feb 25th – 10am Genesis: Lent session ‘Watch and Pray’
- March 3rd – 10am Genesis: Mothering Sunday preparations and reflecting on week 3 of Lent.
- March 10th – 10.30am Family service for Mothering Sunday.
- March 17th – 10am Genesis: Passion Sunday and Holy week stations
- March 24th – 10.30am Genesis: Palm Sunday activities plus Holy Communion.
- March 31st – 10.30am Family Service for Easter Sunday
- April 7th – No Genesis for Easter holidays but 10.30am Family Service
- April 14th- 10am Genesis restarts again in the Church Hall
Now we are together again in a new year, let’s make the most of the opportunities we have to share, worship, and grow together.