Application for Faculty: Ref: 2020-053695 Form 4A (Rule 6.2)
Public Notice (general form)
In the Consistory Court of the Diocese of Chester
In the parish of Church Hulme (Holmes Chapel)
Church of St Luke, Church Hulme (Holmes Chapel)
NOTICE IS GIVEN that we are applying to the Consistory Court of the diocese for permission to carry out the following:
Removal of the current pipe organ and casing in St Luke’s church from its current position in the centre of the West Gallery, and its replacement in the same position with the pipe organ and casing from Heswall Church of the Good Shepherd, after cleaning and refurbishment.
The existing organ console in St Luke’s to be removed and replaced in its current position (North East chancel) with a new, digitally connected console. The new console to have removable side/back panels and roll top, in oak or beech to match existing chancel panelling, a new, adjustable matching bench and to incorporate the current Heswall Church of the Good Shepherd organ keyboards and pedalboard refurbished with new key contact assemblies, pedal jacks and swell pedal, new draw-stop solenoids and turned, wooden stop knobs.
All in accordance with:
1. Quotation of Cartwright & Cartwright dated 10 July 2020
2. Supplementary letter of Philip A Cartwright of Cartwright & Cartwright dated 11 August 2020
3. Photographs and visualisation drawing dated August 2020
4. Supplementary letter of Philip A Cartwright of Cartwright & Cartwright (addressing feedback of Church Buildings Council) dated 8 October 2020
1. REVD CANON ROBERT IAN MCLAREN, VICAR
2. JAYNE MARIE WEAVER, CHURCHWARDEN
3. ALASTAIR JAMES CRAGG, CHURCHWARDEN
Copies of the relevant plans and documents may be examined at:
If you wish to object to any of the works or proposals you should send a letter or email stating the grounds of your objection to The Diocesan Registrar at:
Diocese of Chester
500 Daresbury Park
Warrington WA4 4GE
so that your letter reaches the registrar not later than 12/12/2020. A letter of objection must include your name and address and state whether you live in the parish and/or your name is entered on the church electoral roll of the parish or any other basis on which you have an interest in the matter.